Monday 11 April 2016

bah, shaders

So spent a couple more hours today playing round with the SSS and realised I wasnt going to get the results I wanted in marmoset or substance. I was aiming for the SSS I could get with Vray which naturally is well beyond an actual game engine. I think i'll move onto the next project now before I tear out too much hair over shaders I cant control. maybe I should learn shaders... :|

The SSS just seems to make things brighter here rather than give the illusion of transparency in the mesh. This is fairly straigth forward to achieve in a more advanced renderer, but I feel like im going to go round in circles for quite sometime If i pursue trying to get this running in the marmo engine. I mean perhaps i could create a semi transparent overlay mesh that sits ontop of this mesh that then lets the stuff below work, but realistically, i just want to do something new now.


No comments:

Post a Comment